Install and Configure a Linksys Extender to Boost Your Network
Like software industry, hardware industry is also emerging thus releasing new technology and upgrades in the market every now and then. Linksys is market leader in the networking hardware market and an array of people around the world are using hardware offered by the company for fulfilling their hardware needs.
The company offers various products like routers, extenders, cables, etc. and all these are claimed to give high performance to the users. Home users can also use the devices offered by Linksys to satisfy their networking needs. Here in this post, we will guide you on installation and configuration process of a Linksys extender. Linksys extenders can be wireless or cabled and demands some basic steps to be followed for set up.
Before we dig deeper, it is important to explain the use of an extender. Linksys Extender helps in extending the WiFi signals of a current network. There can be many areas that can not be covered by a router alone. To cover such dead zones, you need an extender so that you can experience the best WiFi network throughout the land in your home. If extender is disabled and not working in a proper manner, the use of extended network is impossible. Moving on, let’s now discuss the Linksys range extender setup process.
Steps to Set up Linksys Extender
- The very first step in the installation of an extender is to fix antennas to the device (if available).
- Now, connect your existing router to the extender using an Ethernet cable. For this, insert one end of the cable to the internet port of your router and the other end to the Ethernet port of the extender.
- Once done, plug in your extender to a power outlet and turn it on.
Note: You can set up your extender using various methods, either using the disc that comes along with your extender or with the use of internet options available in the browser. Here, we are discussing the latter one.
- Launch a web browser on your computer/laptop and enter your extender’s default web address (extender.linksys.com) in the web address bar.
- A dialog box will prompt asking you to enter your username and password.
- Enter the default password in the Password field and hit Log In.
- Next, click the Wireless option and then Basic Wireless Settings.
- Reaching here, you need to set the radio button to Manual.
- Once done, enter the SSID of your router in the given field.
- Navigate to Wireless Security option and select the settings that best match the configuration of your router.
- Save settings after entering your Passphrase or WEP key.
You are all done with the extender.linksys.com login.
We hope that your Linksys extender is successfully installed and configured. In case you find any difficulty while executing the whole process, feel free to get in touch with our experts via our chat support.
Mark our words, you will be immediately assisted by one of our experts to troubleshoot the problem you might be facing while doing Linksys extender setup. See ya!Tags: extender.linksys.com, extender.linksys.com login, Linksys range extender setup