How to Set up Linksys RE6700 AC1200 WiFi Extender
No matter how good your home router is, there always remains a room for WiFi dead zones. Such zones get created by lots of interferences coming from electronic devices and walls. These interferences prevent your WiFi signals from reaching your device. So, investing in a WiFi range extender is the best option to get rid of WiFi connectivity issues. Or, if you own a Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify extender, nothing can be better than this.
Linksys AC1200 RE6700 Amplify dual-band WiFi range extender has the capability to work in both extender and access point mode. If you are new to the setup process of Linksys RE6700 extender, this post is worth reading to you. Here, we are going to discuss A to Z steps you need to consider for Linksys RE6700 Setup. Let’s take the plunge.
Prerequisites for Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Setup
With the web-based setup page, installing and configuring Linksys RE6700 AC1200 dual-band extender is like shooting fish in a barrel. No need for a setup CD or installation software.
Before you proceed with the setup process, be sure to have the following:
- A fast internet connection
- Your existing WiFi name and password
- The RE700 should be plugged into an electrical outlet
- An updated web browser
Now, you are all set to start with the Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender setup process.
Linksys RE6700 Setup in Range Extender Mode
Follow the steps mentioned below to set up your RE6700 extender in the range extender mode:
- Turn on your Linksys range extender.
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, type extender.linksys.com and press enter key.
- Enter the login details, i.e. username and password.
- After that, hit Login.
- If you face issues while logging in to your Linksys WiFi extender, ensure to contact our experts via email or chat.
- The next page will ask for the WiFi network you want to extend.
- Make a choice and click Next.
- Now, you can configure the extended WiFi network that your Linksys extender will be broadcasting.
- Change the setting as per your WiFi needs and click Next.
- Make sure to create an admin password to secure your Linksys RE6700 extender’s network.
There you are! Your Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender has been set up as a range extender.
Linksys RE6700 Setup in Access Point Mode
Access point mode allows your Linksys range extender to extend your WiFi by connecting to your router via a cable. Thus, it results in negligible loss of performance as well as dropping connection. Here’s how to set up Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender as an access point:
- Place the extender and router in the same room.
- Plug your Linksys AC1200 extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect the extender to your home WiFi router.
- Open one of the installed web browsers on your PC.
- Go to the default Linksys extender login web page.
- Fill the username and password into the given fields.
- Click on the Start Setup button.
- Create an extended network by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, click Next.
- Be sure to set a strong and hard-to-guess password for your extended WiFi network.
Quick Tip: The extended network is the WiFi that your Linksys RE6700 AC1200 dual-band extender will be broadcasting.
Congrats! Your Linksys AC1200 amplify extender (R6700) is now working as an access point. If you come across any type of issue while setting up your Linksys RE6700 AC1200 extender, feel free to get in touch with our experts.Tags: Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Setup