How to Perform Linksys RE6400 Setup
Here, we will give you a nudge on one of the best WiFi range extenders, i.e. Linksys RE6400 wireless extender.
Linksys RE6400 is a dual-band AC1200 wireless range extender. Because of its latest technology, it delivers a WiFi network up to 10,000 square feet. This is just the tip of an iceberg, the rest you can judge by doing the setup.
Prerequisites for the Linksys RE6400 Setup
Before stepping forward, you must have access to the following:
- Your home router’s WiFi network should be up and have a strong internet connection.
- Keep your wireless extender near to your home WiFi router during the extender setup process.
- Try to keep the WiFi network credentials like network SSID name and passphrase key handy.
- Plug-in your wireless extender into a power outlet. Ensure that the power outlet is not loose for the device.
Steps for Linksys RE6400 Setup
Linksys RE6400 setup can be done via the browser-based setup portal. During the complete setup process you do not require any kind of software or installation CD, just execute the following steps:
- Connect your Linksys RE6400 extender to the home router via an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on all three devices – extender, home router, and the computer.
- Launch any web browser on your computer.
- Type the default web address in the URL/address bar.
- Tap on the ‘Enter’ key or click on the ‘Search’ button.
- You will land on the login page.
- Enter the default RE6400 login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Log-In’ button.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Linksys extender.
- Once done, click on the Save button.
- Now, try to connect any Wi-Fi-enabled device with the extended network to test the Internet.
Linksys RE6400 Setup Issues? Check the Troubleshooting Guide
There are times when you face various issues during the Linksys RE6400 setup. Here are some of the best tips that will help you with a flawless setup. Let’s check them out.
- Follow the RE6400 setup process steps in the correct sequence.
- If you are stuck in between the setup process, reboot your home router, and WiFi extender.
- Check the password while typing.
- In case you are unable to get to the Linksys extender login page, restart your web browser and retry to open the web page.
- Before initializing the setup process, delete all the previous browsing history, cookies, and cache from the web browser.
- If the extender is indicating red light, power cycle it.
- If you find the orange light blinking, place your WiFi extender near to your home WiFi router.
We hope that our blog on Linksys RE6400 will help you configure your device. If you are still struggling with the setup process of your Linksys extender, feel free to get in touch with us.Tags: Linksys RE6400, Linksys RE6400 Setup